Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Honour Our Wonderful Mothers...

One of the most touching photo shoots I have been a part of was with my sweet friend Carolyn and her sister. They asked me to take photos of themselves with their mom who was nearing the end of her fight with cancer. It was January of last year and Joan passed away the next month. To know how much Carolyn and her sister treasure these photographs means the absolute world to me. This is what we created...

A year has passed since then, and it was on February 2nd of this year that I, and my three siblings, lost our mom to cancer. The memories of Mom are vivid and clear and beautiful, but I wish so much I had that one photo of her and me as an adult that I will treasure forever. I was always on the other side of the camera (!!) and she was one to let the spotlight shine on others.

It is in honour of Mom, and all the other amazing mothers who are still with us or are watching us from another place, that I want to share this contest with you. It's a way to celebrate your relationship and create a special memory between you and your mother, as it is one of the strongest bonds we know.

Write me a note on why your mom is so special. I will be picking the one that touches me the most. The winner will receive a free photo session (it can be with your mom or anyone else who is special to you) and I will be putting all proceeds from the print order towards colon cancer research. I will accept your messages until May 5th and will announce the winner that week. Write me at janet.pliszka@visualhues.com.

I can't wait to hear from you! Please pass this opportunity on to others!

Janet

I'll share a couple of my favourite photos of Mom .... isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will send you two of my mom and me that are very special from the last year.

this is beautiful Janet.
I have a blog too. but it isn't as public as yours.

Anonymous said...

beautiful.

sarah